Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

A. ACTIVE LISTENING

Listen to the cassette and fill in the blanks. Act out this conversation.

Situation 1 Soraya meets Adam at the cafeteria.
Soraya : Hello, Adam. How are you (1) …………… ?
Adam : Fine, thanks. How are you?
Soraya : I'm very well. Thank you.
Adam : Have you (2) …………. your lunch?
Soraya : Yes,I have.
I'd better be going, or I'll be (3) …….. at my office. Goodbye, Adam.
Adam : Goodbye, Soraya. See you tomorrow.
Situation 2 In the banquet room was a group of well-dressed people chatting
among tbem.relve.r. Soraya approached one of them.
Soraya : Good morning, Do you know who Susan Brandy is? Adam She's over there.
Soraya : Thank you. (Soraya went up to her). Hi. I am Soraya. How
do vou do?
Susan : Hello, Soraya. This is Peter and Teddy. I'm sure you've
(4) ………………… of them.
Soraya : How do you do, sir?
Peter : Hello. My wife has (5) … ……me a great deal about you.
Soraya : Nothing too terrible I hope, sir.
Peter : On the contrary. She has said only good things about you.
Sorava : Thank vou, sir. (She turns to Teddy). Good afternoon, sir.
Teddy : Hello, Sorava.
Sorava : It's a (6) …………. to meet you, sir.
Teddy : Thank you. You're (7) ……………. very well.
Sorava : So are you, sir. I'm so sorry about what happened (8) ……..
Teddy : Thank you. Are you set up here to take care of all of us?
Soraya : Oh, yes. I think we can make everyone (9) ………………
Teddy : That's good. Sorry but I would like to get freshened up.
Soraya : Of course. It was (10) …………… to meet you.
Teddy : Well, good night.


1. Where was Soraya?
2. How many people are there in the conversation?
3. Did Soraya know all the guests well?
4. What do you think she was doing in that room?
5. How did Soraya greet her new friends when she wanted to introduce herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment