Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011

What you should know !

What you should know !

1. See is used when we just want to say that visual impressions come to our eyes. Seeing is not always deliberate – it may be accidental; you can see things without thingking about them, and even without realizing that you are seeing them.
• I suddenly saw a spider on the celling
• I waves at my father, but he didn’t even see me

2. Look (at) suggest consentration, intention : if we look, we are paying attention or trying to see what is there.
• I looked but could see nothing
• He looked at her with his eyes full of love
• Look carefully at this – think it’s important

3. Watch is like look (at), but suggest that something is happening, or going to happen. We watch things that change, move, or develop.
• Watch that man – I want to know everything he does
• I usually spend Saturday afternoon watching a football match

4. Note that although we say watch TV, we usually use see to talk about public performances of plays and films.

• Compare :
• Did you watch “Friends” last night?
• (A TV serial)
• Have you seen ‘Eiffel, I’m in love’
• (A Film)

No comments:

Post a Comment