Pages

Friday 22 July 2011

Tugas Mandiri Bahasa Inggris Kelas XI

TUGAS MANDIRI MAPEL BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XI
Hari : Sabtu, 22 Juli 2011
SMA Negeri 1 Kramat Kab. Tegal

A. Study the following expressions.

Asking for advice :
• Do you think I ought to call the police?
• What do you think I should buy him for his birthday?
• Do you have any ideas about how I can sell my car?
• Should I try to talk with him about this matter again?
• If you were me, what would you tell her?
• If you were in my situation, would you forgive him?
• Do you have any advice for me?
• Can you give me some advice?
• Do you have any recommendations about a good hotel in Paris?
• Can you recommend a suitable wine for dinner?

Offering Advice :
• I think you'd better start looking for a new job.
• If I were you, I'd stop writing her.
• It would probably be a good idea to send this mail by express mail.
• Why don't you try calling her tonight?
• How about taking the bus instead of driving?
• Try ignoring her for a while.
• I'd say that you'd better quit the team now.
• I advise you to talk with your lawyer.
• My advice is to be careful doing business with them.
• I suggest that we go out for dinner tonight.
• Let me suggest that we buy a new copier.
• I recommend that you cancel your appointment.
• My recommendation is that we begin the sales program in May.

1. TRY THIS
Do the following task.
1. Take a piece of paper.
2. Write on the paper about a problem you have now
3. Exchange your paper with another student next to you.
4. Now, each student writes a suggestion/advice/recommendation of your friend's problem on another piece of paper

B. Study the following expressions.
Asking permission :
• Can I close the window, please?
• Please let me have the car tonight.
• May I close the door, please?
• Do you mind if I smoke?
• Would you mind if I went with her?
• May I have your permission to marry your daughter?

Giving permission :
• Sure, go ahead.
• It's okay with me.
• No, I don't mind.
• Why not?
• You have my permission.
• I won't stop you.
• Certainly.

Denying permission:
• No, you may not.
• You can't.
• Yes, I do mind.
• I don't think so.
• I will not permit you to.
• I absolutely forbid you.


2. TRY DO THIS
Complete the following dialogs using the expressions of asking/giving/denying permission.
1. In the office.
Paul : Terry, do you have a ruler?
Terry : Yes.
Paul : ?
Terry : …………….…….. But don't forget to return it to me.
Paul : And, uhm …….... do you have a calculator, too?
Terry : Yes.
Paul : ………………….?
Terry : …………………. I'm using it at this moment.
Paul : Never mind, then.

2. Butet asks Unang for a ride in his car.
Butet : Nang, are you going downtown?
Unang : Yes, I am.
Butet : ?
Unang : ………………… . Get in. Where do you want to go?
Butet : …………………………..
Unang : All right.

3. Vita is walking home from the office. She meets /1 n/on on the street. He is ruling a motorcycle.
Anton : Hey, Sit. Arc you going home now?
Sita : Yes.
Anton : ……………………… , please?
Sita : ………………………. . That's nice of you!
Anton : Put on this helmet, please.
Sita : ………………………….. .


3. ENJOY THIS
Work in pairs. Create a dialog based on the following situation.

A student has to type a paper for class the next day, but his typewriter is broken. His roommate's typewriter is in good condition, so he wants to borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment