17 August 2005
On Saturday, I went to Mount Bromo. I stayed at Nisa and Achmad's house at Cemara Lawang, Probolinggo. It has a big garden with lots of colourful flowers and a fish pond.
On Sunday, Nisa and I saw Gunung Batok and went on the scenic ride on horseback. It was scary. Then we went to get a closer to look at the mountain. We took pictures of the beautiful sceneries there.
On Monday, we went to the zoo at Wonokromo. We saw cockatoos having a shower. In the afternoon I went home. It was fun.
1. What kind of text is it? It is
a. Spoof d. procedure
b. Narrative e. news
2. Who wrote the letter?
a. Achmad d. the writer
b. Dini e. all of them
3. Does the last paragraph express a personal opinion regarding the events described?
a. Yes, it is d. Yes, It does
b. No, It is not e. Yes, it doesn't
c. No, it was
4. When did Dini went home?
a. In the morning d. In the night
b. In the afternoon e. Yesterday
c. In the evening
5. The series of event is described in paragraph
a. One d. two and three
b. Three e. two
c. One and two
6. A : What did you eat yesterday?
B : I bakso.
a. eat d. eaten
b. eats e. ate
c. to eat
7. Rida, Sita, and Dewi singers. Now they are housewife.
a. are d. been
b. have been e. will be
8. My brother rides
a. a new big black motorcycle
b. a big new black motorcycle
c. a motorcycle new big black
d. a black new big motorcycle
e. a new motorcycle black big
9. Ani is good ……. singing
a. at d. of
b. by e. in
10. Eve : Wow, you look handsome! Adam
a. Thank you very much
b. I am sorry to hear that
c. I'm so proud of you
d. What a shame
e. To me, the food is OK
11. He said, " ".
a. I like you very much
b. I liked you very much
c. He likes me very much
d. He liked me very much,
e. He had liked me very much.
Natural Bridge National Park
Natural bridge national park is luscious tropical rainforest. It is located 110 kilometer south Brisbane and is reached by following the pacific highway to Nerang and then by travelling through the Numinbah Valley. This scenic roadway lies in the shadow of the Lamington National Park.
The phenomenon of the rock formed into a natural `arch' and the cave through which waterfall cascades is a short one- kilometerss walk below a dense rainforest canopy from the main picnic area. Swimming is permitted in the rock pools. Night-time visitors to the cave will discover the unique feature of the glow worms. Picnic areas offer toilets, barbecue, shelter sheds, water and fireplaces; however, overnight camping is not permitted.
12. What is the function of paragraph 1? As...
a. an identification d. a classification
b. an orientation e. an abstract
c. an orientation
13. What kind of the text is it?
a. Hortatory exposition d. Description
b. Narrative e. Report
14. What is the communicative purpose of the text?
a. To present two points of views about natural bridge national park
b. To explain the bridge national park
c. To describe the bridge national park
d. To retell the bridge national park
e. To persuade readers to treat preserve the bridge national park.
15. The most grammatical features found in the texts are in the
a. Simple present tense d. simple past tense
b. Reported speech e. passive voice
c. Conditional sentences
16. The word " picnic" has the same meaning with
a. visit d. go
b. come e. do
17. Toni : I have been chosen as the captain of the football team
Rima : …….
a. Thank you d. That's great.
b. Congratulation e. Are you come
c. Sorry, please!
18. Rusdi : Look! The small river runs swiftly down the valley.
Andy : Wow ………..
a. Are you cold? d. what a lovely dress!
b. What a beautiful e.
19. "Do you have driving license?" asked the policeman.
The policeman asked me whether I ….. driving license.
a. having d. is having
b. b. had e. had had
20. "Don't smoke!" my teacher said.
I was prohibited by my teacher ….. smoke.
a. To d. not being
b. not to e. to not
Text for number 21 - 25
Mr and Mrs. Joseph Sembiring
Invite you to share the joy
of the marriage uniting their daughter
Friday, the thirteenthh of June two thousand and eight
At three o'clock in the afternoon
Gajah Wong Restaurant
Jln. Affandi Yogyakarta
21. The purpose of the text is to invite
a. To attend Mr and Mrs. Sembiring's marriage.
b. To unite Alice and Jeffry in a wedding party
c. To attend Alice and Jeffry's wedding party
d. To marry with Mr and Mrs. Sembiring
e. To inform about marriage Mr and Mrs. Sembiring
22. Where will the party held?
a. Mr and Mrs. Sembiring's house
b. At Gajah Wong Restaurant
c. Jeffry's house
d. On Jln. Affandy Yogyakarta
e. Alice and Jeffry's house
23. When does they have marriage?
a. Friday, 31St June 2008 d. Friday, 31St June
b. 2008 e. in the afternoon
c. Friday, 30 th June 2008
Text for number 24-25
The head of this regency, Mr. Harjono, is going to visit our school tomorrow, Tuesday. All students should wear the new batik uniforms and gather in the school hall at 9:30 to do the welcoming ceremony. The learning Process before and after the ceremony is done as usual. Please be informed.
24. What is the announcement about?
a. The new batik uniforms d. The visit of the head of the regency
b. The welcoming ceremony e. The teaching learning process
c. The program of the school
25. Below are the things the students should do, except
a. Study in the class before and after the ceremony
b. Gather in the school hall at 9:30 a.m.
c. Do a welcoming speech
d. Wear batik uniforms
e. The ceremony is done us usual.
26. Adon : Did you know that Angelina Jolie wants to adopt more children?
Olin : Really?
The underlined word described
a. Satisfacition d. surprise
b. Agreement e. opinion
27. Irene : What kind a house do you live in?
Satrio : I live in ……
a. a house big house d. a colonial house style big
b. a big house colonial style e. a big colonial style house
c. a style colonial big house
28. Laila : Did both of you enjoy yourselves at the party
Jane : Yes we did. We really had ....
a. A saddening time d. an incredible time
b. A wonderful time e. an awful time
c. A terrible time
29. Patrick : A very attractive nurse has helped him.
Bob : He's very lucky.
The italicized word means
a. Nice d. friendly
b. Thoughtful e. pretty
30. Javanese ……. by some people in Suriname.
a. is spoken d. be spoken
b. speaking e. spoke
c. is speaking
Text for number 31 - 35
Earthquake Jolts Japan Capital
TOKYO (Reuters) - A slight earthquake jolted the Japanese capital last night but authorities said there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A spokesman for the Japan meteorological agency said, "An earth tremor was registered in Tokyo but there are no reports of casualties or damage.
The earth tremor struck shortly after midnight Tokyo time.
Residents of central Tokyo said the tremor was the strongest in several months in the capital.
(Taken from: Bangkok Post, 2004)
31. What kind of the text is it? It is
a. Narrative d. recount
b. Description e. news item
32. What is the headline of the news?
a. A Slight Earthquake in Japanese Capital
b. Japan meteorological agency
c. An earth tremor
d. The strongest tremor in Japan
e. A Sopkesman of the Japan meteorology
33. Were there any victim and damage?
a. Yes, there was d. No, there were not
b. Yes, there were e. No, there are not.
c. No, there is not
34. What did the Tokyo residents say?
a. He said that the tremor is the strongest in several months in the capital
b. He says that the tremor is the strongest in several months in the capital
c. He said that the tremor was the strongest in several months in the capital.
d. He says that the tremor was the strongest in several months in the capital
e. He says, "the tremor is the strongest in several months in the capital.
35. The earth tremor struck shortly after midnight
The italicized word has the same meaning with
a. Damage d. visit
b. Hit e. hold
36. The thief to the jail yesterday.
a. throw d. thrown
b. was throwing e. was throwing
c. has been throwing
37. Asti : Would you like to come to my party tonight?
What is the suitable respond of the dialogue?
a. Thank you. d. You are welcome
b. I'd love to. e. Don't mention it
38. This house is than that house.
a. big d. more big
b. bigger e. biggest
c. the most biggest
39. The man who wears blue shirt is the ……. of all them
a. taller d. tallest
b. tall e. most tallest
c. more tall
40. What does "dairy" mean?
a. Poultry product d. monk product
b. Vegetable e. book to write daily experience
c. Book to write poem
Do the question based on each instruction!
1. Rearrange the sentences into a good paragraph!
a. It covers an area of 8,000 square kilometers.
b. It is situated in North Sumatera.
c. The Lauser National Park is the park in South East Asia.
d. It is a part of Bukit Barisan range of mountain.
2. Complete the dialogues using suitable expression!
I . Man : Would you like something to drink?
Woman : ………..
2. Ely : You are to be headmaster, aren't you Mr. Karma?
Mr. Kurnia : That's right.
Ely : on your promotion.
Mr. Kurnia : …….. Ely.
3. Change the sentences into passive voice!
a. The man are driving the car
b. My mother bought some vegetables.
4. Put the verb in brackets into the correct form of Degrees Comparison!
a. Suramadu bridge is (small) than Golden Gate Bridge.
b. My mother's cooking is (delicious) than my cooking.
c. Doni is the (tall) boy in my class.
d. Maryam is (beautiful) than Marry.
5. Mention how to open/close the program!
Jumat, 08 Juni 2012
17 August 2005