Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

THE FOX AND THE CROW

Once upon time a fox was returning to his den. He was very hungry and could find nothing to eat. Near the forest where he lived there was a village. In the village lived a butcher. I must go to the butcher house and see if I can steal meat from there, “he thought. As he was nearing the village he saw a crow on the branch of a tree. The crow was holding a big piece of meat in her beak.

“I must have the piece of meat, “the fox said to himself. “I must find a way to get it. It’s not for nothing that people call me the sly fox.”
Then he went over to the tree and said, “Good morning Miss crow. How pretty you look today. You are the most beautiful bird I have ever seen. And people say that no other bird can sing more sweetly than you. Would you please sing for me?”
The crow was very pleased to hear all the nice things which the fox said about her. “I’ll be glad to sing a little song for you, “she said. She opened her beak and began so sing as loudly as he could. The piece of meat fell to the ground, and the fox ate it up.
“Thank you for the song and the meal, the fox said. “That was very tender meat indeed.”
The crow soon realized that the fox was only flattering her. “I will never trust a flattering again.” She said sadly himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment